Sunday, 10 May 2015

London MCM May 2015

Hello once again. Yes it has been a while since my last post *cough* four months *cough* but I thought I would give an update on the London MCM cosplay. Well, lets say Alice isn't going ahead, mainly because as ethusiastic as I was when I started, next time I will order a paper pattern. Unless I have no choice I do not want to go through printing page after page for a pattern, then to find out I don't need half of it then to have to take time to line all the pages up and tape them together. Nope, not again. Next time I will buy either the dress or the patter.

So, I changed my plan, I was making a steampunk outfit for an event in June and the plan was to wear it to London if i had nothing else planned, but I have now :)

So, I wil be going to London as... Charizard! As Gejinka Charizard though, no way can I make a full fur suit in less than two weeks. Here's the plan;

  • For the head, I have bought a Charizard hat, it was destiny for me to go

    as Charizard! The Etsy store I bought it from is in England, and they are made to order and 1 - 2 weeks before shipping as I asked if he could make one and send it out before the MCM. However, he had one ready made for another person who cancelled last minute and chanegd their order, so he had one! And he shipped it out and it was delivered next day. Happy is not a word to describe how I feel about this hat! I bought the hat from KutabraHats off Etsy, he has so many more Pokemon hats, it's definately worth a look!
  • With the hat, I will also be wear a long curly orange wig.
  • For the main body, the plan is to take a large orange t-shirt and turn it
    into a romper/playsuit. The bext thing about the t-shirt I chose, is it is basicaly the same colour as my hat. In this photo it doesn't look as accuate but to the naked eye, I don't think I could have found a closer match. Fingers crossed all goes well to turn this into a playsuit but I have seen a few Youtube videos now how different people make them so fingers crossed wont take me too long.
  • The hardest part is the last parts, which will really make the costume. I'm going to make the wings and tail. I've got some cream and orange fleece on the way, I'm going to cut out 2 long triangles of each, stitch together and stuff. I just need to think how to take it on and off with ease and how to make the fire at the end. Apart fromt that, I thought about putting something in the centre to make the tail stiffer, but instead I will put an eastic loop at the end so I can have it around my wrist, easier for me and those around me. As for the wings, I''m going to make them slightly smaller than I should, again for ease of getting them on and off and others around me. At the moment, the plan is foam for the base, and I also have some teal fleece coming for the inner wings. For them to stay on, I'm making a very simple shrug out of orange fleece, then will put elastic loops on the wings to put through the back of the shrug so I can wear them over my shoulders.

That's pretty much the plan, apart from flame converse and may some flame or orange tights. Will post more when I actually start making stuff :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment