Saturday, 15 June 2013

Steampunk Doncaster

Coming back from the Steampunk Doncaster event with less money and more precious goodies and with  enough business cards to rival the Yellow Pages, I can honestly say it was a good day. Some of the things they had for sale were far too nice to leave behind, and for some of them we didn't.


Only a few business cards.
Before I get onto that though, I would like to say everyone who went dressed Steampunk looked amazing, there were some fantastic outfits and wonderful contraptions they were wearing which really inspired my partner. I'm still trying to work out what he wants to wear when we go to the London MCM n October but I'm getting there. When I finally start gettign bits together for his I will post up some WIP pictures.

Anyways, back to Doncaster, there was a good selection of things to buy. There was a stall that sold bird head and rabbit feet that me and my sister tried to avoid except my other half wanted to look and touch everything and thought it was really good.

One of my favourite stalls was Skewwers Steampunk. They sold a lot of jewellery and hair accessories that me and my sister couldn't decide what we wanted to get. We must have walked past the stall 3 times before we took the plung and made our minds up. I bought a hair clip for me and a compass keyring as a present for my partner. 
We also went to a stall where they sold wooden cogs and kits so you could build your own airships and things. We also went past this stall several times before deciding what we were going to buy. We bought some wooden hair clips, my sister got 2 and a bag of little wooden keys and I bought 3 hair clips.

And finally, from my first trip into the show, I bought some wrist warmers, or whatever you may want to call them. Again, me and my sister bought similar things and took just as long to pick out which colour and lace combination we liked. I may be modifying these slightly by putting a loop of elastic around the point to loop over my middle finger as they are a little loose, having skinny wrists isn't usually a good thing. 




After we left, and a trip around town, I came back to the event with my mum as she wanted to take a look around but was working. She came out with a key brooch with wings and a mini propeller. I also came out with something else, a necklace shaped like a heart from SteamRetro







For viewings on what my sister bought, go take a nosy over on her blog The Random Thoughts of Chippy.

Apart from that, it was 2 cups of coffee I had as well. It was a good event all in all and I would definately go again next time, I'll have to keep checking in advance to make sure I can get the time off but I will also be on the websites of all those business cards I picked up seeing what other goodies I can find.

Things are about to get picture heavy, apologies if things are a little out of focus, I was trying to take photos without the flash on, enjoy!


















No comments:

Post a Comment