Friday, 7 June 2013

Steampunk Doncaster

I can't believe what I just found! I was looking through a list of UK Steampunk events on Facebook and all I came accross one in Doncaster. I couldn't believe it and evern better it's on the next weekend I am going up to visit!



It's like I'm destined to go so I am not going to miss the opportuity, and while I'm at it I'll see if I can drag my sister and mum along with me. The event takes place on Friday 15th June and Saturday 16th June. It's at the Deaf School, opposite the Racecourse, and it is free entry. There will be a 2 day trade fair being held here and there is also free parking. This is the part I look forward to the most, see what bits and pieces I can weigh my pockets down with before I go home =)

The Mansion House will also be open from 11am to 3pm to allow visitors to look around and have photos taken, take the opportunity for a photoshoot, you may never get the chance to have this kind of backdrop again.

Then, in he evening of both days, from 8:30pm, Cask Corner will be hosting your entertainment with the BB BlackDog Steampunk Band on the Friday and then their own Music Variety Show on te Saturday where you get to vote for who you think is the best. I wont be attending this due to family commitments but I do look forward to spending the day looking through beautiful Steampunk items and outfits. It sound like a fanastic day out and all on my (mum's) doorstep. It's very last minute to try and come up with something Steampunk to wear so I'll just be going as me.

Hope to see you there!

2 comments:

  1. Aha so that's how you found out about it.

    When you first told me about it I couldn't help wonder how you had come to hear of it... given you don't live in Donny anymore.

    Now put on your Fighting Trousers! XD

    Chippy

    ReplyDelete