Sunday, 24 March 2013

London MCM May 2013

As a last minute plan, I have decided to go to the London MCm in May. I'm going to go with my partner as he was going to go with me to the Birmingham MCM next year and I thought rather than wait a year I might as well go to the London one.

Only thing is that it's 2 months away, I need to buy the ticket and train tickets and also make 2 costumes. I've only gone for an ambitious costume for both me and my partner, Meryl and Johnny from Metal Gear Solid. I have cosplayed as her before but from Metal Gear Solid not the 4th game. At least I already have the wig but nothing else at the moment.




The exact attack plate carrier that I need for the cosplay is about £50 alone, and that's the cheapest I have managed to find so far. I have a choice now, I'm either going to spend £100 before I even start on our cosplays or I have managed to find one for about £20 that doesn't match it exactly but I have a plan! I'm going to see if I can buy a large patch of khaki velcro, run strips of webbing straps across and glue or stitch it to the front  bottom half of the plate carrier.



The exact plate carrier I need.
The plate carrier I'm going to buy and modify
Buying the cheaper one will make life so much easier! That's way it is already in the post, along with webbing straps now all I need to do is buy some wide strips of kahki hook and loop and I can mod the front. The next thing is the boots, the next £50 I need to spend if I want to go for accuracy.


The main problem with finding any hiking boots for this costume is that I need to find the same ones in UK size 6 and 9 because me and my partner need them. I can't try wearing bigger ones as I'll look like a clown but I can't find these in a size smaller then an 8 (unless they are on about US sizes then I feel like a prat).

Front head to toe, Meryl in red, Johnny in yellow and purple for both, I'm going to need;

  • Wig - which I already have from my previous Meryl cosplay
  • Bandana
  • Bullet earring - going to have to be a clip on earring as I don't have pierced ears
  • Balaclava - Already bought for a staggering £1.99! I love ebay!
  • Sunglasses - I have found a pair of sunglasses the right shape but wrong coloured lenses, so the search continues!
  • Shirt - which I have white spandex in the post I'm going to dye and I already have the pattern
  • The attack plate carrier - which is coming free post from china so I have 22days to wait before I can modify it.
  • Foxhound badge - Of course, can't forget this!
  • Holster - for chest
  • Skin tight 'gloves' - I've seen someone else make these like opera gloves then put the other gloves on top. 
  • Keyboard - I'm going to buy a cheap mini keyboard and elastic it to his arm
  • Green gloves - still looking for something similar
  • Tan trousers
  • Utility belt - Not batman's! But it looks like you have hang a lot off it, especially Johnny's.
  • Things to hang of Johnny's belt - If that makes any sense, little boxes etc.
  • Evasion bag - Meryl's bag is called an evasion bag, which I may dispatch my sister to see if she can find something similar for me (As I've said before in my other blog, my sister's superpower is to find things I can't on the internet!)
  • Backpack - Johnny has some kind of backpack on his... well back.
  • Leg holster
  • Knee pads - I've managed to find some that are pretty close to these on Ebay.
  • Boots - Ah, yes, the boots, says it all.
  • Weapons - and of course the weapons. The fun part - finding quite accurate guns that I am allowed to take into the London MCM. Now that will be fun!
I will give an update soon when I start putting things together, may have to wait until I dye the spandex and get the attack plate carriers so will put some WIPs up soon enough =)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment