Only thing is that it's 2 months away, I need to buy the ticket and train tickets and also make 2 costumes. I've only gone for an ambitious costume for both me and my partner, Meryl and Johnny from Metal Gear Solid. I have cosplayed as her before but from Metal Gear Solid not the 4th game. At least I already have the wig but nothing else at the moment.
The exact attack plate carrier that I need for the cosplay is about £50 alone, and that's the cheapest I have managed to find so far. I have a choice now, I'm either going to spend £100 before I even start on our cosplays or I have managed to find one for about £20 that doesn't match it exactly but I have a plan! I'm going to see if I can buy a large patch of khaki velcro, run strips of webbing straps across and glue or stitch it to the front bottom half of the plate carrier.
|The exact plate carrier I need.|
|The plate carrier I'm going to buy and modify|
The main problem with finding any hiking boots for this costume is that I need to find the same ones in UK size 6 and 9 because me and my partner need them. I can't try wearing bigger ones as I'll look like a clown but I can't find these in a size smaller then an 8 (unless they are on about US sizes then I feel like a prat).
Front head to toe, Meryl in red, Johnny in yellow and purple for both, I'm going to need;
- Wig - which I already have from my previous Meryl cosplay
- Bullet earring - going to have to be a clip on earring as I don't have pierced ears
- Balaclava - Already bought for a staggering £1.99! I love ebay!
- Sunglasses - I have found a pair of sunglasses the right shape but wrong coloured lenses, so the search continues!
- Shirt - which I have white spandex in the post I'm going to dye and I already have the pattern
- The attack plate carrier - which is coming free post from china so I have 22days to wait before I can modify it.
- Foxhound badge - Of course, can't forget this!
- Holster - for chest
- Skin tight 'gloves' - I've seen someone else make these like opera gloves then put the other gloves on top.
- Keyboard - I'm going to buy a cheap mini keyboard and elastic it to his arm
- Green gloves - still looking for something similar
- Tan trousers
- Utility belt - Not batman's! But it looks like you have hang a lot off it, especially Johnny's.
- Things to hang of Johnny's belt - If that makes any sense, little boxes etc.
- Evasion bag - Meryl's bag is called an evasion bag, which I may dispatch my sister to see if she can find something similar for me (As I've said before in my other blog, my sister's superpower is to find things I can't on the internet!)
- Backpack - Johnny has some kind of backpack on his... well back.
- Leg holster
- Knee pads - I've managed to find some that are pretty close to these on Ebay.
- Boots - Ah, yes, the boots, says it all.
- Weapons - and of course the weapons. The fun part - finding quite accurate guns that I am allowed to take into the London MCM. Now that will be fun!