Thursday, 7 March 2013

Cosplay styles

I thougt I would dedicate a blog post to other peoples cosplay ideas, going from simple to a lot of time and effort.

Since I started cosplaying I haven't really ventured far into cosplaying as such. I would say Vincent Valentine was my best one where I made the cloak and Cerberus myself and other accessories. It was one of those Tokyopop events at Waterstones and I won the cosplay competition. Since then I've cosplayed as Meryl Silverburgh from Metal Gear Solid but nothing too advanced. I would say two of my dream cosplays, apart from Belle from Beauty and the Beast, are Charizard and Spyro the Dragon. The ideas I have for these aren't too advanced, I'm not going to be too extreme due to time and money so I thought I would do this blog to show one end of the scale of cosplay to the next and how anyone can do it if they want to.

Have you ever wanted to cosplay as something but never been sure how to go about it? SecretLifeOfABioNerd on Youtube has a very simple idea that's easy to make for a Pikachu from Pokemon cosplay. The nice thing about this is you can make it exactly as she has or if you want to modify it to make it more detailed or even change it for a completely different pokemon or animal you can. It's also good for those who need a last minute costume.



I love this hat so much, and as with the romper you can change it for anything you want really =) I might make the hat but I don't think I'm brave enough to go out in it so I may wear it around the house when I want to feel extra cosplay-ee

I think I'm going to stick to the Pokemon theme.

This photo is from ~H~ on Cosplay.com. I think the photo is really cute but what I like is the Pikachu costume. I have seen some people cosplaying as Pokemon in this way, it's a fur suit with a hood which I think is a lovely way to make an advanced costume easier if you know what I mean. Some people may dye their hair and paint their faces to match their costume but in this case the hood does that for you so no need for the make up, if I was to do a Pokemon cosplay this would be my choice on how to make the costume. It's simple but very effective! (and look how cute that little boy is! =D)

 
Check out some of her other costumes, she has some awesome ones on there =)

If I ever get around to it, my Charizard cosplay will be like this. I would love a bodysuit with a hood because I think it looks cute and you can see the effort put into them.

My last one is CanineHybrid on Youtube and this one is not a Pikachu cosplay. Well, there's not a lot I can say really apart from wow! this woman puts a lot of time in her work and you can tell.


Above is her Shadow Lugia cosplay and it is stunning, look at the effort put into it! I mean even the hoodie she made looks fantastic. She has some WIP videos of some of her cosplays and also a tutorials on how to make your own. This is probably too much effort for me you put into a cosplay but I still love it at the end of the day. It's people like you CanineHybrid that make me love cosplay!

Even if you aren't into "extreme cosplaying" she is well worth a youtube page visit to check out some of her amazing cosplays.

I hope you enjoyed this post and please go and check out some of these amazing cosplayers, I'm sure if anything they will inspire you =)

No comments:

Post a Comment